Friday, March 29, 2013

Alabaré



Hola from Quito, Ecuador!  This is Mr. Petiti (the younger one) bringing you an update on our adventures.

I've decided to share with you probably the best part of our journey.  So one part of the VBS that we performed for the different groups of students was to sing the song Alabar é.  If you haven't yet had the privilege of hearing it, you definitely need to do so as soon as possible; it will change your life!  After the first time hearing it, I memorized it in about 3 minutes cuz it was so awesome.  I was hooked and I was singing it everywhere we went and during everything we did (you can ask the others about my beautiful singing voice; I'm sure they will tell you it was their favorite part of the trip). 

The highlight of my week cam on our last night in the jungle. We climbed up a hill to a remote village to do attend a church service with the community.  So when we reached the top of the hill, Alvaro (one of the IncaLink team members) and I walked into the church.  He turned on the sound system, I grabbed the microphone, and he grabbed a drum.  And, as you can guess, we did what anyone would do in this situation and started to sing Alabar é!  It was pretty much an invitation to the whole village to come to church.  After a few times through th. e song (because you can't just sing it once through), we had all of our group from TKA and many of the locals crowded in the church and singing with me.  I felt very significant; I was livin' the dream!  A great moment; I'll never forget it.

So, to commemorate the trip, I've decided that as soon as I reach the US, I'm going to set Alabar é as the ring tone on my phone so I can hear it all the time!  So let me apoligize now if I don't answer your phone call; it's probably because I'm too busy singing along to the song!

It was an awesome trip; I'm still considering sneaking out tonight when everyone is asleep and sneaking back out the Huaticocha in the jungle.  The Lord did amazing things through the students while we were there!

Thanks for reading,
Mr. Petiti

No comments:

Post a Comment