Sunday, April 8, 2012

Idols?

Imagine putting away your Iphone for 10 days, leaving the TV turned off, having no access to your computer, or bookshelf.  How much more time would you have to spend with God and ministering with others?  During this past week I have realized that the electronic devices in my life have taken over and pushed God and others aside.  This past week I have spend much more time in prayer and reading God's word as well as talking with students and teachers.  My relationship with God has become deeper and I have seen him give me the words and scripture to minister to others on the trip because I have spend more time with Him and put the "idols" away.  Now is the real challenge - go back to the US and keep the idols in the closet and continue to spend time in prayer and his Word.  All of us are a bit afraid that we will forget about how God have used us here and that we will lapse back into our old ways of comfort and self-centered lifestyles.  Please pray for the Holy Spirit to keep the fire alive in us as we come home.  Mrs. Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment