Saturday, April 7, 2012

AH Ecuador!

Well.... the trip is practically over.  I am really really really sad.  I have connected so well with the people in the three villages or something we visited.  It makes me realize how great we have it.  But anyways, as Mrs. Haugen would say, today we went "SHOPPING!" Dude(s), shopping in Ecuador is so amazing.  There are so many markets, and there is so much stuff to buy.  But on top of all that, you can BARGAIN.  It kind of reminded me of Mexico with the vendors.  But seriously, in all honestness <-- probably not a word (sorry Miss Doyle), the stores have so much variety and stuff.  It makes you want to buy everything, and it makes you realize how much money you wish you could have.  Another weird thing that happened today were the children on the streets offering gum.  They would come up and ask if we wanted some, and some kids even started crying.  I almost succumbed, but people told me the kids would run off laughing and shouting after you would buy from them.  So I didn't.  And I had the greatest empanadas ever! SO GOOD! That accounts my thoughts from the day.  So much more I could write, but other people are in line to tell even greater stories.   So Peace, Love, and Happiness.

-Daniel Lee

1 comment:

  1. Hi Daniel,

    So good to hear back from you guys and especially from you. Looks like you're back to yourself w/ a guitar. Glad to see that you are in good hands learning from what God has laid out for us. I have finally arrived in India this time in total of 34 hours from home to the hotel. One more night before you get to meet up w/ mom. And a few more weeks w/ me. Take care and amazing how God does his work for us all! Go TKA ... Go Ecuador!!!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete