Monday, April 18, 2011

More from our team

Victoria Yu: Hola Papacito y Mamacita!!! :) I love Ecuador soo much.  I don't think I've been filled with so much joy in such a long time.  It's been great being able to serve far away from home, but I'm hoping that I can bring this experience back home with me and continue to live it out in my everyday life.  Thank you, Dad, for all the lovely devotionals!  The verses are great and they are very applicable.  This morning my roommates and I cleaned the house and cleared out all the dust.  It was a lot of fun and I am so glad that God used my love for cleaning to help this family out.  Later in the day we went to the orphanage and we got to play with kids!  They were soooooo cute and fun-loving.  Our group has been bonding quite well, and I am excited for what's in store for the rest of the week.  Hope you all are safe at home and thanks for the prayers!

3 comments:

  1. Victoria:

    It's great to read your blog entry and to know that you are enjoying the trip. Somehow, we didn't see this until tonight, but did see some of your pictures earlier. You look like you are doing well. Praise the Lord! We are looking forward to hearing all about your trip when you return. We just can't wait!

    Love,

    Mom, Dad, Alethia, and Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky!

    You sound so joyful! I am so glad and am delighted that you are using your love for cleaning to serve others. I hope you are liking the devotionals and learning more about God's heart and character as you serve the people in Ecuador. I have been thinking of you. I love the pictures that you are in! Especially the one where you are wearing purple at the front of the group! That is a very pretty picture.

    Can't wait for you to come home and to hear all your stories of growth/learning!

    Much love,
    Alethia (and Owivia, Mom, and Dad)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo Sunshine!

    Ironically enough the past couple of days were a little overcast. I hope Ecuador is AWESOME... even though I am not there. haha just kidding

    But seriously I wish that you could've been here for the college visit, but I know that you're serving God and others. Have fun! I've been thinking of you a lot. :D

    With Mushy Cheesiness,
    Your Favorite Sister

    ReplyDelete