Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday - a Day of Respite (not exactly restful)

Hannah: hellllooooo (: Today we took a bus to Mindo. The zipline was so funnnnn! I loved looking down 900 feet while sliding down the wire. I talked to the trees and the cows and the sky. We also went to this chocolate shop. This guy named Victor gave us a tour of the shop and its cool how he makes chocolate, sells chocolate, and lives in the same 3-story hut. Eating chocolate fondue with
bananas&pinaeapple&strawberries was yummyful.

Maria Beth Kadle:
I finally got on this blog!!! Everyone was always on here and I never got a chance to tell everyone what I am feeling. This has really been nice for me and I have really seen God working in the lives of these great kids. They are so willing to help and play with the children who we are ministering to. I have so much enjoyed seeing Ecuador through their eyes. Thank you so much for trusting me to bring your children to this beautiful country. They will have many great stories to tell you when they get home. Thank you so much for sending you children!!!!!!

Grant Chang:
When we went to visit the zipline, all of us had to conquer a huge uphill. I was not feeling my greatest, but when I reached the top, I felt a great deal of accomplishment.  The zipline was worth the time and effort of the climb because it was extraordinary. There are 13 stations that consisted of different slopes and angles, all moving at fast speeds. It was equivalent to me flying in the sky when I imitated superman. It was one of the best experiences I ever had. After the zipline, several of us went to hang out and talk while drinking coffee. The server was an American woman so our team got to talk and know her better and for her to know us as well. Her husband makes homemade chocolate which was very delicious. Then we went exploring around the markets and bought many goods. I will share that with you all very soon!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Grant,
    so so good to hear from you and the team -
    lovely writings, delighted photos, and intriguing experience!
    cannot wait to see you on Tuesday!
    God bless you all!
    With lot of love,
    mom and dad

    ReplyDelete