Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday - Handicapped kids today, but no pictures allowed

Katie Jensen

I am so glad that we made it safely to Ecuador! It's such a blessing to be here! It has been so great to bond with the team and get to know everyone better. There are some amazing people here that I probably wouldn't have known if it wasn't for this trip! When we went to the orphenage for the first time on monday, there was a boy named Pablo. When we put on the music and started dancing, he was just sitting by the window looking sad. I went up to him asking if he was ok, and he wouldn't respond to anything I asked him. Eventually, someone gave him a camera, and he went crazy with it! We ended up having alot of fun together too. When we went back the next day, he was so happy for us to come back! And when were doing the music for VBS, he started to dance with me and he had so much fun that when the music stopped he started the song all over again, and for the rest of the day was so joyful and happy! It just warmed my heart so much to see him smile! Also, we went to "camp hope" today, the place with the handicapped kids, and it was great! We walked into a room, and all of the kids' faces just lit up, and started jumping up and down and hugging us! There was one girl in particular, that gave me such joy. She would constantly grab me and hug me, and take my hand and hold it, as she gave me a beautiful, huge smile. We had lots of fun together, and I can't wait to see her again! Be sure to keep all of these kids in your prayers! I have had such a great time here in Ecuador, and such an amazing experience, I dont want to leave! I miss you and love you all so much!


Hannah Li

Ecuador is super amazingg! A lot of us don't get much sleep so we get really tired during the afternoon but it's cool how we give in 110% effort for the kids at the orphange and Camp Hope. Today was our first visit to Camp Hope. At first, it was honestly heartbreaking and scary seeing the disabled kids in a bunch of wheelchairs and stuff. Eventually, we warmed up to them and yeahh. I loved feeding this little girl named Gloria and I got to change her diaper. Today was so cool.. I will never forget this experience (:


Grant Chang:
Ecuador is the best experience I ever had so far with The King's Academy. This trip gets me out of my comfort zone which makes it much more meaningful in many ways. Bonding with everyone on the team and getting more familiar with each individual is quite amazing. God designed this group for His purpose and it's cool to see how amazing it has been working out. Yesterday our team went to the orphanage to spend time with the kids. The kids admire us greatly and it was great spending time with them. Just a few hours can make a huge impact on them. Being loved is the most important thing any individual needs, so that gave us the motivation to work 110% and love and value the kids even further. Today we went to go visit an orphanage that involved disabled children. It was very meaningful because we got to feed them and perform drama and music in front of them. I could see God's love working in them through us. We have a great team and I can't wait to see what other good things God has already planned for us to accomplish. Being here is such a blessing and I can't wait to tell my loved ones about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment