Saturday, April 19, 2014

Back in Quito!

Hey everyone!
We drove back from the jungle this afternoon, and it felt really good to take a shower after a week of being covered in sweat and insect repellent. I went to Ecuador last year, and I'm glad I came back this year because it was a totally different and fulfilling experience. Last year we dug holes and painted in preparation for the Ninawachi missions school, and this year we got to meet and work with the first group of Ninawachi students. Despite my Spanish being no mucho bien, I was able to communicate with the students through worship, serving together in the communities, playing intense card games, and having the same mission of sharing God's love to people who desperately need it.  One of my favorite memories of this week was getting to go to a daycare on Wednesday morning. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but it was definitely a lot nicer than the image I had in my mind of a daycare in the middle of the jungle. Since the kids were around 2-3 years old, I conveniently didn't need to use too much Spanish to play with and spend time with those kids. I loved seeing that there are resources for those kids and that they were willing to let us take part in it. Leaving Ninawachi this year didn't seem as hard as I thought it would be, because I know all the students there are in great hands and have incredible leaders. We had an amazing Good Friday service in Ninawachi, and I'm excited to celebrate Christ's resurrection tomorrow with this team!

-Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment