Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hey there, It's Alex here; you would not believe how insane it is over here! It has only been a day and so much has already happened. Just on the plane ride over here I was able to help an elderly couple that could not speak english. Along with Erika's help, we were able to help them with what they needed. Once we arrived to Quito, you could already notice the change in atmosphere. Everything was different; talk about a culture shock! After dinner we were able to get to know the awesome people that we are staying with. Once we all woke up, we ate breakfast and started singing a couple songs that we all knew. From there, we broke off into teams and worked around the place we are staying. My group worked on tearing up and expanding the garden. I also meet a couple people that were building a gazibo next to the garden my group was at; I learned that they attend the church that we are running tomorrow. It is just crazy to see the amount of work God is doing, even though it has been only a day. Tomorrow we leave for Huaticocha (I'm not sure if I spelt that right) please pray for our continued saftely and that we are able to touch the villagers hearts through our ministry. Thanks a ton! Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment